LMR-400 Standard Cable
LMR-400 Standard Cable
3/8" Braided Flexible Low Loss 50 Ohm Coaxial Cable 500 ft. Spool
LMR® standard is a UV Resistant Polyethylene jacketed cable designed for 20-year service outdoor use. The bending and handling characteristics are significantly better than air-dielectric and corrugated hard-line cables
TIMES MICROWAVE SYSTEMS LMR®-400
Flexible Low Loss Communications Coax
• Drop-in replacement for RG-8/9913 Air-Dielectric type Cable
• Jumper Assemblies in Wireless Communications Systems
• Short Antenna Feeder runs
• Any application (e.g. WLL, GPS, LMR, WLAN, WISP, WiMax,
SCADA, Mobile Antennas) requiring an easily routed,
low loss RF cable
• NEW! Times Protect® LP-18-400 protector-series
• LMR® standard is a UV Resistant Polyethylene jacketed cable designed for 20-year service outdoor use. The bending and handling characteristics are significantly better than air-dielectric and corrugated hard-line cables.
• LMR®- DB is identical to standard LMR plus has the advantage of being watertight. The addition of waterproofing compound in and around the foil/braid insures continuous reliable service should the jacket be inadvertently damaged during installation or in the future. • LMR®- FR is a non-halogen (non-toxic), low smoke, fire retardant cable designed for in-building runs that can be routed anywhere except air handling plenums. LMR-FR is UL/NEC & CSA rated‘CMR’ and ‘FT4’ respectively, meets FAA FAR25 requirements and is MSHA-P for mining applications.
• LMR®- FR-PVC is a general-purpose indoor cable and has a UL/NEC & CSA rating of ‘CMR’ and ‘FT4’ respectively. It is less expensive than LMR-FR, however it emits toxic fumes (HCL) and greater smoke density when burned.
• LMR®-PVCisdesignedforlowlossgeneral-purpose applications and is somewhat more flexible than the standard polyethylene jacketed LMR.
• LMR®-PVC-Wisawhite-jacketedversionofLMR- PVC for marine and other applications where color compatibility is desired.
• FlexibilityandbendabilityarehallmarksoftheLMR- 400 cable design. The flexible outer conductor enables the tightest bend radius available for any cable of similar size and performance.
• Low Loss is another hallmark feature of LMR-400.
Size for size LMR has the lowest loss of any flexible cable and comparable loss to semirigid hard-line cables.
• RF Shielding is 50 dB greater than typical single shielded coax (40 dB). The multi-ply bonded foil outer conductor is rated conservatively at > 90 dB (i.e. >180 dB between two adjacent cables).
• Weatherability: LMR-400 cables designed for outdoor exposure incorporate the best materials for UV resistance and have life expectancy in excess of 20 years. • Connectors: A wide variety of connectors are available for LMR-400 cable, including all common interface types, reverse polarity, and a choice of solder or non-solder center pins. Most LMR connectors employ crimp outer attachment using standard hex crimp sizes.
• Cable Assemblies: All LMR-400 cable types are available as pre-terminated cable assemblies. Refer to the section on FlexTech for further details.